The Register ran two online discussions on Windows 8, in which I participated along with Mary Jo Foley and Gavin Clarke.
The first was on 25th April and is here. A typical comment:
I personally think Windows 8 can’t bag Microsoft the kind of runaway success they had with Windows 95 or XP. It’s going to turn off many PC users and the success of Windows tablets is uncertain.
I definitely want one. iPad for kids, Surface for grown ups. First bit of kit I’ve wanted in years.
- The closest I got to Windows on ARM at Microsoft BUILD 2011
- Just three Windows 8 on ARM tablets at launch? Not good for Microsoft
- Something has changed for Windows Phone
- Microsoft puts carriers before users in new Windows Phone update which you might not get
- Ford Microsoft car makes an appearance at Mobile World Congress