Alcatel OneTouch has a preview of its Firefox OS smartphone on display at its stand here in Barcelona.
3.5” HVGA, 1Ghz CPU, 3.2Mp camera, 256Mb RAM, 180Mb internal storage, MicroSD, 1400mAh battery.
and to give you the scale
The phone looks ordinary, but bear in mind the Mozilla philosophy which is more geared to universal, open access than to high-end smartphones for the few.
Several well-known names have signed up, but that in itself does not mean much. What counts is the extent of that commitment. A device like this one looks more about “let’s put it out and see who bites” rather than serious investment.
The app story (HTML 5 based, naturally) is key and I will be investigating later.
- Wireless power at Mobile World Congress: no more chargers?
- Farewell to Mobile World Congress at the Fira Montjuïc Barcelona
- Images from Mobile World Congress – Huawei’s SmartPhone horse, a Lego robot that collects trash
- Ford Microsoft car makes an appearance at Mobile World Congress
- Dear BBC: please give us mobile apps for offline viewing